The first round of Social Security payments was disbursed this week for the month of August, but there is more to come. About 65 million Americans receive Social Security benefits, so the Social Security Administration sends out its monthly checks in four batches to manage the massive amount of mail it needs. The next payment will be sent next week.
Due to the rising inflation we saw last year,in 40 years. You should receive a letter in December informing you of your benefit rate for the next year. You can also on the Social Security Administration website.
See below to find out when you’ll receive your next Social Security check and how your pay date is determined. For more, here it isand . Also, here’s what you need to know about . And here are the states looking .
See More information:
How are Social Security payment dates determined?
The Social Security Administration sends out payments on three different Wednesdays of each month – the second, third and fourth Wednesday. The Wednesday you receive your money depends on your date of birth. We’re going to break this.
- If your birthday falls between the 1st and 10th of the month, your payment will be sent on the second Wednesday of the month.
- If your birthday falls between the 11th and 20th of the month, your payment will be sent on the third Wednesday of the month.
- If your birthday falls between the 21st and 31st of the month, your payment will be sent on the fourth Wednesday of the month.
See the August schedule below.
What if I get both Social Security and SSI?
If you received Social Security benefits before May 1997, or if you receive both Social Security and Supplementary Pension Income, the payment schedule is different. Instead, you will receive your Social Security payout on the third of each month and your SSI on the first of each month.
However, these payment dates change if the 1st or 3rd of the month falls on a weekend. For example, April 3 fell on a Sunday this year, so you would have received your Social Security payout two days earlier, on April 1.
When will I get my August Social Security check?
Here is the August schedule (PDF) for when you can receive your Social Security check and/or SSI money.
- 01 of August: Payment for SSI recipients.
- August 3: Payment of Social Security for those who receive both SSI and Social Security, or who have received Social Security since before May 1997.
- August 10th: Payment of Social Security for birthdays between the 1st and 10th of a given month.
- August 17th: Payment of Social Security for birthdays between the 11th and 20th of any month.
- August 24th: Payment of Social Security for birthdays between the 21st and 31st of any month.
Notice that July 27 was the final payment date for June.
What if I don’t receive my check on the due date?
If your check does not arrive by the date listed above based on your date of birth or other circumstances, the Social Security Administration says to wait an additional three days before calling. If you still haven’t received it, call 800-772-1213 to speak with a representative.
SSA notes that wait times to speak with a representative are shorter Wednesday through Friday and later in the day (between 4pm and 7pm local time).
While you wait, you can also access your Social Security benefits online by visiting ssa.gov/myaccount.
We will update this story every month as payment dates change.